1. Olympic champion Schwazer avoids prison term. Retired Italian racewalker Alex Schwazer avoided a stint in prison after he was handed down an 8 month suspended sentence under a plea bargain. Schwazer claimed gold in the 50km walk in Beijing before failing a test for EPO prior to the London
1. 50 years of running Ron Hill started running 50 years ago today, and he hasn’t stopped yet. Well he has, but you know what i mean. At least a mile a day for 50 years has seen him clock up almost 160,000 miles, and he experimented with up to
This is part two of Delany’s story and is taken from PJ Browne, The Villanova/Irish, 1950-2015. It will be published as an ebook in the Spring of 2015. Part one can be found here. Preparing For Melbourne How important was Jumbo Elliott to the Olympic success of Ron Delany? It’s
1. Barcelona bronze at last for Rob Rob Heffernan recieved his belated bronze at a medal ceremony in Cork city. Rob finally got his reward for his exceptional performance in the 2010 European Championships in Barcelona, after the initial winner was retrospectively disqualified for a doping violation. Videos from the
1. Letsrun ask “Was Tyson Gay on HGH before Jon Drummond?” Letsrun give their four thoughts on the Jon Drummond/Tyson Gay doping case. Read more here 2. Geb reckons Sub 2 will do Haile Gebrselassie reckons a Sub 2 Marathon is possible in the next 5 years. He puts the
1. RIO 2016 There will be finals in every session of the 2016 Olympics in Rio. This means that track and field medals will be decided in the morning and afternoon sessions, as well as the 5 road events. The three walking events, as well as the marathons, men’s triple jump, Women’s
Samokov proved a happy hunting ground for the Scottish female contingent at the 2014 European Cross Country Championships. Rhona Auckland claimed individual gold in the women’s U23 race as well as picking up a silver for her team’s performance. Women’s senior team captain Steph twell put in a brave performance
Fionnuala Britton spoke to our own Feidhlim Kelly after her 6th place finish in this morning’s European Cross Country Championships. Mixed emotions for Fionnuala who says it was “a bit of a disaster” from an individual standpoint but takes some solace in securing Bronze for the Irish senior women’s team.
We have a host of legends talking on the show this week, both Irish and International, from Sonia O’Sullivan to Jo Pavey and more. First up, we look back on last weekend’s Novice Cross Country, which saw a pair of invaders from North and South take the titles in Dublin.
There was a bitingly cold wind at the GloHealth National Novice and Juvenile Uneven Age Cross Country Championships but it didn’t stop over 2,000 club athletes toeing the line in Santry Demesne. Leevale’s Ben Thistlewood headed a field of close to 400 athletes in the men’s 6,000m race in 20:22